COVID-19 (coronavirus) and MEM
Air Service Update:
Despite the passenger downturn due to COVID-19, there have been some positive developments: Delta Air Lines’ nonstop service to Salt Lake City began in August, and service between Memphis and Indianapolis launched Oct. 1. The previously announced service between Memphis and Boston has been moved to January. Southwest Airlines has moved up its launch of the new Memphis-Phoenix service from December to November.
Airline schedules continue to change frequently, and passengers are encouraged to check with their airlines for the latest developments.
- Allegiant: Austin, Destin-Ft. Walton (seasonally suspended, resumes April 30), Ft. Lauderdale, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Phoenix (seasonally suspended, resumes February 11), Orlando-Sanford, Punta Gorda, and St. Pete-Clearwater
- American Airlines: Charlotte, Chicago, Dallas, Miami, Phoenix, and Washington, DC.
- Delta Air Lines: Atlanta, Detroit, Los Angeles, Minneapolis, Salt Lake City
- Frontier: Denver, Orlando
- Southwest Airlines: Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Houston, Orlando, Phoenix
- United: Chicago, Denver, Houston
See the links below for our airline partners' COVID-19 updates:
Each airline has implemented different procedures in response to COVID-19, such as plexiglass shields at ticketing counters, seating adjustments, and mask requirements for boarding aircraft. Check with your airline for more information. Airline contact information and COVID-19 updates can be found at https://flymemphis.com/airlines-at-mem. Check flight status at https://bit.ly/MEMflights.
Due to the significant decrease in passenger traffic, HMS Host (food/beverage), Paradies (retail stores) and Delta Air Lines (SkyClub) have made the following operational adjustments:
- River City News and Gifts: Open 7am - dependent upon traffic
- Starbucks: Closed
- Maggie O’Shea’s: Closed
- PGA Tour Shop: Closed
- Starbucks: Open 6am to 12pm
- Urban Market: Closed
- River City News and Gifts: Open 5am to 5pm
- Regions Bank: Open 9am to 4pm, Mon-Fri
- Delta Air Lines Sky Club: Temporarily Closed
- Home Team Sports Bar & Grill: Open 10:30am – 5:30pm; Limited food menu, full bar service.
- CNBC News and Gifts: Open (varies depending on flight location)
- River City News and Gifts: Open (varies depending on flight location)
- Neely’s Interstate BBQ: Adjusted Hours: Open 9:00 am to last flight
- Blue Moon Tap Room: Closed
- Moe’s Southwest Grill: Closed
- Starbucks: Closed
- Lenny’s Sub Shop: Open 5:00 am to 12:00 pm, closed Saturdays. Will stay open as needed for flights/traffic
- Runway 901: Open 12:00 pm to 4:00pm
- River City News and Gifts: Open 6:00 am to 2:00 pm, Will open for any later flights (if applicable)
- Torn Basil: Closed
- River City News and Gifts Kiosk: Open 6:00 am – 9:00am and 12:00 pm – 3:00 pm
Inside the terminal:
- Masks are now required in public buildings per the City of Memphis Face Covering Ordinance 5751.
- Most airlines are requiring masks/facial coverings for all boarding passengers.
- Complimentary masks are available at the ticketing counters, and additional masks are available for sale at retail shops.
- Ridesharing companies Uber and Lyft now require both drivers & passengers to wear face masks during trips.
- For more details, see these links:
- Floor markings are in place which illustrate the recommended 6' distancing between passengers.
- Airlines are determining their own policies for changes during flights.
- Businesses and airlines are installing Plexiglas at counters as an extra measure of protection.
TSA Checkpoint update:
Uber / Lyft Update
Ridesharing companies Uber and Lyft are now requiring both drivers and passengers to wear face masks during trips. For more, see these links:
MEM maintaining increased cleaning and sanitation efforts
- MEM continues to maintain enhanced cleaning and sanitation of high contact areas, including the gate areas and the security checkpoint.
- Airport restaurant and retail vendors have taken additional cleaning and sanitation steps as well.
- Hand sanitizer dispensers can be found throughout both the A and C concourses.
Rental Car Offices
C Checkpoint Temporarily Closed
All checkpoint operations are currently taking place through the B checkpoint, which has the largest capacity and the most lanes. TSA has indicated that this is best allocation of their resources and most efficient way of managing checkpoint operations. The C checkpoint will be available for reactivation if necessary.
Oversized vehicle parking reopened
The oversized vehicle parking lot has reopened as of July 1, 2020.
MEM continues to monitor the ongoing developments with COVID-19 (coronavirus). The airport continues to follow the guidance of the Centers for Disease Control and the Shelby County Health Department. Passengers can get more information about prevention at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/prevention-treatment.html. The CDC also has additional information for travelers at https://www.cdc.gov/travel.